It’s been a busy month in Louisville already with TechNet and MSDN here last week on March 4, 2010. And we’ve got some more stuff coming your way:
**First March 2010 Meeting**
6-YEAR KYSBSUG ANNIVERSARY
Date: Wednesday March 17, 2010
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 PM Eastern (or whenever everybody leaves)
Venue: Howl At The Moon
Address: 4th Street Live, Louisville, KY
URL: Click here
Parking: 423 South 5th Street
(Usually $3-$5, or free after 6PM)
Door Prizes: There are no door prizes for this meeting, but there are lots of low/no cost stuff to enjoy
- Free cover charge for KYSBSUG attendees
- Free buffet 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Attendees receive first two drinks for $0.50 / each (well drinks, long island teas, domestic beer, house wines, house margaritas, DeKuyper cordials)
- ½ off all drinks until 9 PM
Registration for this event is NOT required for this event, but you must be over 21 to enter the venue.
**Second March 2010 Meeting**
KYSBSUG Meeting #73 – Windows Server 2008 R2 IT Pro Tour
Presenter: Matt Hester, Microsoft TechNet Presenter (in person)
Date: Monday March 29, 2010
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 PM Eastern
Venue: Money Concepts
Address: 323 Townepark Circle, Louisville, KY 40243
Registration: We will be providing dinner and door prizes, so registration IS required.
Registration URL: Click here
Here’s your chance to connect with your local IT Pro Community AND meet Matt Hester, your local IT Professional Evangelist! Now that the dust has settled and the boxes are mostly unpacked from Matt’s relocation to Ohio. He wants to meet you and get to know you! What a better way than with Windows Server® 2008 R2, giveaways and food!!
Matt Hester will be talking about the many administrative benefits of Windows Server® 2008 R2, including improvements to Active Directory, PowerShell, Group Policy and much more. He will also talk about his experiences with his recently published book Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration Instant Reference. Ultimately, this evening is for you – so bring your questions, prepare to have some fun and expect to learn more about Windows Server® 2008 R2. This should be a fun and exciting evening!
Matt will have a couple copies of his book to give away and other fun stuff. Be sure to attend and learn more of what Windows Server® 2008 R2 has to offer!
This is your chance to give feedback on how Matt and Microsoft can help your local community efforts. We hope you’ll join us for an evening of fun and peer-to-peer networking with your local IT Pro Community!
We’d like to thank the folks that helped bring this month together.
- Jeff Slyn of SLYN Systems & Peripherals for doing an AWESOME job once again of pulling together the venue and specials for the first meeting on the 17th.
- Mallory Sizemore from Howl At The Moon for hosting our meeting on the 17th.
- Matt Hester of Microsoft for coming to Louisville for the second meeting to present and for providing dinner on the 29th.
- Lee Johnson of Sentry Computer Systems for hosting us at Money Concepts again on the 29th.
I hope to see many of you this month as we wrap up our 6th year of free monthly meetings, and jump right into our 7th year! 🙂