Product: Targus Travel Power Outlets with Surge Protection
Part #: APS03US
MSRP: $19.99 US
Street Price: about $15 US
Fantastic 4-port travel-sized surge protector. Great for sharing power in airports, charging your stuff in hotel rooms, or plugging in for presentations.
- Illuminated power indicator
- 4 outlets (most travel models have only 3 outlets)
- Wide spacing on outlets to accommodate power bricks
- Rated to 300 joules
- Clamping voltage 330 volts
- Super-light (0.5 lbs)
- Small form factor
- No on/off switch
- No USB charging ports
- Power cord is straight down (45 degree angle would be nicer)
- Not for international use (220/240 volts – see note below)
- Warranty is only one-year
WHY IT’S ONE OF MY FAVORITE PIECES OF TECH
This adapter is as light as a travel umbrella and takes up about the same amount of space. It’s so light, I usually forget that it’s in my bag.
If you travel a lot domestically, you know what a pain it is to find a place to plug in and charge all of your gadgets. Unless you’re at a super-power-friendly airport (like PHX) you’re probably unlikely to find multiple open outlets. This has great outlet spacing, it’s very sturdy, and doesn’t get hot when all of the outlets are in use.
Note: If you need a travel 4-port that works internationally with 220/240 volts, check out the Outlets To Go power strip from Monster:
I picked the Targus over the Monster because I don’t need 220 and it’s smaller than the Monster.