From the mailbag:
“Is the email below a valid email from you guys?”
If you’re not in IT, that e-mail may (at first glance) seem legit.
Here is some helpful info to assist end users in spotting a fake:
- “mailbox” is not the name of your administrator.
- “mailbox.com” is not your domain name.
- Bad grammar.
- “Quota/Limit” is not a registered trademark ®
- Camel Caps: Who Writes Email Like This?
- Mouse-over the link (without clicking on it) and you’ll see that it’s going to some website called “dealsbro.com”.
Teach a man to fish…