Many friends have already heard the inside scoop, and yes, the rumors are true. Today I’m making an official public announcement.
March 15, 2007 – I’m excited to report that I’ve accepted a position working at Applied Tech Solutions – www.appliedtech.us
Applied Tech is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner located in Madison, Wisconsin USA. They’re a Managed Services Provider that focuses on SMB networking, Microsoft CRM & Great Plains, VoIP, and their Microsoft specializations include:
- Advanced Infrastructure Solutions
- Networking Infrastructure Solutions
- Information Worker Solutions
- Microsoft Business Solutions
Kurt Sippel founded the company in 1999, and I first met him in 2004. His team is made up of absolutely amazing, talented & brilliant folks. In 2005 they opened a branch office in Stevens Point, WI. Over the last several years I’ve watched Applied Tech grow and Kurt and I have periodically talked about working together in the future. Well, the future is now. 🙂
Leaving my position at Rehab Designs wasn’t an easy decision. I was Rehab Designs’ first employee in 1992 and have spent nearly 15 years helping build the company from the ground up. I will really miss working with them. Still, from a career standpoint, the opportunity to work with Applied Tech was one I couldn’t pass up.
My first public appearance for Applied Tech will be as one of the speakers at their March 27 Vista event.
From the SBS Diva via IM today:
Susan says (2:26 PM):
btw give your gang a heads up
win2k3 sp2 is on mu
and there’s a “SBSers read this KB”
that is not yet live
yet the sucker is on MU right now
they should have done it next week
Here’s the Service Pack she’s talking about…
DON’T install it on SBS yet!
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (32-bit x86)
Date last published: 3/13/2007
Typical download size: 120 MB
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
Recommended CPU: Not specified.
Recommended memory: Not specified.
Recommended hard disk space: Not specified.
- Cincinnati, OH – 3/14/2007 – Mesaging & Mobility Workshop ($95 + Code: USPRMOUSE)
- Lexington, KY – 3/14/2007 – LexMug Meeting
- Anaheim, CA – 3/15 – 3/17/2007 – SMB Summit ($695 + Code: SMBVLAD07)
- Louisville, KY – 3/15/2007 – Microsoft TechNite Live (N/C – Partners Only)
- Louisville, KY – 3/16/2007 – Vista Hands-On Lab (N/C)
- Nashville, TN – 3/17/2007 – Core Office 2007 Training ($175)
- Louisville, KY – 3/21/2007 – KYSBSUG 3-Year Anniversary (Details TBA)
- Columbus, OH – 3/27/2007 – Vista Deployment Workshop ($95 + Code: USPRMOUSE)
- Louisville, KY – 3/27/2007 – Pocket PC of Louisville (N/C)
- Columbus, OH – 3/28/2007 – Exchange 2007 Loadfest ($95 – Waitlisted)
- Columbus, OH – 4/12/2007 – TechNet & MSDN
- Cleveland, OH – 4/20/2007 – TechNet & MSDN
- Knoxville, TN – 4/24/2007 – Connections & TS2
- Chattanooga, TN – 4/26/2007- Connections, TechNet, MSDN & TS2
- Islandia, NY – 5/03/2007 – SMB Nation East – ($295 before 4/15)
- Evansville, IN – 05/03/2007- Connections & TS2*
- Toledo, OH – 5/08/2007 – MSDN, TechNet & TS2
- New Orleans, LA – 5/26 – 6/2/2007 – IT Pro Conference & Cruise – ($295 – 350)
- Dayton, OH – 6/05/2007- MSDN, TechNet & TS2
- Cincinnati, OH – 6/07/2007- MSDN, TechNet & TS2
- Lexington, KY – 6/19/2007- MSDN, TechNet & TS2
- Indianapolis, IN – 6/12/2007 – MSDN & TechNet
- Louisville, KY – 6/21/2007- MSDN, TechNet & TS2
*Registration for some of these events hasn’t opened yet. Here are the URLs so you can at least mark the dates on your calendar and check back later to register:
Reminder: Microsoft Connections, MSDN, TechNet & TS2 events don’t charge for admission, but parking is your responsibility.
It’s almost time to get your ‘Information Worker’ learn on. If you live in the ‘Heartland District‘ this Microsoft Partner-Only event is headed your way from March 26 – April 19, 2007.
The content is broken into two sessions: Sales & Technical (dates & registration links are below.)
Sales Session Overview (2 hours):
Lunch and Learn presentation to partner sales reps on how to sell Information Worker (IW) solutions and services. Session will include resources, demos and sales tools.
Sales Session Agenda:
- 11:00 am – Welcome and Sales Strategy Overview
- 11:15 am – Overview of 2007 edition of Office System
- 11:45 am – Luncheon Presentation
- Selling Workflow & Forms Solutions
- Selling Document Security
- Selling Content and Document Management
- Selling Real Time Communication
- 12:45 pm – Tools and Resources to Help You Sell
- 12:55 pm – Evaluations & Prize Giveaways
- 1:00 pm – Sales Session Concludes
Technical Session Overview (3 hours):
Deep technical presentation to partner technical leads and personnel on how to position and implement Information Worker solutions in your customers accounts. Session will include resources, demos and additional training tools.
Technical Session Agenda:
- 2:00 pm – Welcome and Overview of 2007 edition of Office System
- 2:30 pm – Building Custom Workflow Solutions
- Document Workflow
- Integrating into LOB Apps and Scripts
- 3:30 pm – Implementing Robust Content and Document Management Solutions
- Migrating and Replacing File Folders
- Implementing Company Wide Search
- Setting Content Management Policies
- 4:30 pm – Tools and Resources to Help You Deliver
- 4:45 pm – Evaluations & Prize Giveaways
- 5:00 pm – Technical Session Concludes
Locations & Registration Links:
· Southfield 3/26 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332362&Culture=en-US
· Grand Rapids – 3/28 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332351&Culture=en-US
· Nashville – 4/3 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332403&Culture=en-US
· Mason (Cincinnati) 4/11 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332366&Culture=en-US
· Cleveland 4/16 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332364&Culture=en-US
· Columbus 4/17 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332367&Culture=en-US
· Louisville 4/19 – http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032332365&Culture=en-US