Want to know what’s in ‘Cougar’ (Windows Small Business Server 2008)?
Per Eric Ligman’s blog yesterday…
Cougar will include these technologies:
- Windows Server 2008
- Exchange Server 2007
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- SQL Server 2005
- System Center Essentials
Design considerations include:
- Dramatically improved management, protection, and business productivity
- Emphasis on simplicity and integration
- Providing value for new and existing partners
- Embracing Live Services
- 64-bit only
As if PDF attachments weren’t already suspicious enough thanks to UCE, now you have to be concerned about PDFs that can allow someone to take control of your PC.
Yesterday (10/22) Adobe released an update to fix a critical vulnerability in the following software:
- Adobe Reader 8.1 and earlier
- Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and earlier
- Adobe Acrobat Professional, 3D and Standard 8.1 and earlier versions
- Adobe Acrobat Professional, Standard, 3D and Elements 7.0.9 and earlier
Security bulletin URL:
Here’s the interesting part:
This issue only affects customers on Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 installed. (Vista users are not affected).
Take that, H8Rs. 😉