We’d like to send a big ‘thank you’ out to all who attended the SMB MVP Tour event in Louisville on Thursday Jan 19, 2012. We had a ton of help from Jeff Slyn, Lee Johnson, and many other local KYSBSUG members which was MUCH appreciated! Kudos as well to the friendly staff at Republic Bank in Springhurst for the awesome venue and assistance. To Dave from Penn Station – lunch was awesome! HP, Microsoft & SBSMigration.com – this amazing tour wouldn’t exist without you. Last, but certainly not least, thank you Mr. and Mrs. “Handy” Andy Goodman, Kevin Royalty & to Jane Takeuchi and Steven Goddard from Microsoft. Thank you all!
What did the attendees think about the content? Listen and find out:
Benjamin Hill – Benjamin Hill Computer Consulting, LLC
Michael Patrick – The Mirazon Group
To find out if the tour is coming to your area, check out the official links.
Because I can…
…and because it looks cool.
Yeah, my desk rocks.
BTW: The song is “Some Chords” by Deadmau5
The international SMB MVP Tour / Roadshow / Geekfest comes to Louisville, Kentucky next week. There’s even a video about it!
SMB MVP Tour stop in Louisville, KY on Thu Jan 19, 2012
Date: Thursday January 19, 2012, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM Eastern
Free lunch is provided by Penn Station.
THERE ARE STILL SEATS AVAILABLE!
Louisville registration URL for this FREE event:
The presenters for Louisville are:
- Kevin Royalty [SBS-MVP]
- Tim Barrett [SBS-MVP]
The Tour will also be in Ohio a few days earlier…
SMB MVP Tour stop in Columbus, OH on Mon Jan 16, 2012
Date: Monday January 16, 2012, 9AM – 1PM Eastern
Columbus registration URL:
See you there!
StorageCraft has recently announced ShadowProtect version 4.2.0. There are some important points worth mentioning.
There are now only 2 installers (instead of Std, SBS, Desktop, etc.)
- ShadowProtectSetup_4.2.0.exe (Standard)
- ShadowProtectSetup_MSP_4.2.0.exe (MSP version)
- < 4.0.1 Installed
If the current version of ShadowProtect installed is older than 4.0.1, you must deactivate it, uninstall it, reboot, then install 4.2.0, setup your jobs again. etc.
- >=4.0.1 Installed
If the current version of ShadowProtect installed is 4.0.1 or newer, you can install over top of the existing bits and your settings will be preserved. Just make sure that you’re using the right installer (MSP installer for the MSP version, Standard installer for everything else).
- Desktop Edition keys – can only be used on non-server OS platforms.
- SBS Edition keys – can only be used on SBS or Foundation Server.
- Virtual keys – can only be used on virtual machines.
- Server Edition keys – can be used on Server, SBS or Foundation Server.
- MSP keys – works on any supported platform.
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
- Now called Recommended Recovery Environment (RRE)
- Based on 32-bit x86 Win7/2008R2, now comes on its own .ISO
- Requires 768 MB physical RAM to function properly
- Storage drivers need to be 32-bit Win7 or 2008R2 in the REE
- Legacy Environment is gone (available as a separate download)
- Fixed a bug that prevented keyboard-only navigation in the backup and restore wizards. (yay!)
- Experimental support for iSCSI (select iSCSI from the Tools menu).
- Now supports VirtualBox versions 3.1.0 – 4.1.6 for VirtualBoot
Source: ShadowProtect 4.2.0 change log
A package just arrived from Microsoft containing my Small Business Server Most Valuable Professional [SBS-MVP] award for 2012.
That’s 5 straight years. Woo-hoo!! Thanks Microsoft!